FTC Disclosure - This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.*Item received for free for promotional consideration or a sponsored link.
One of the things that make spas and hotel bathrooms seem so fancy is the way they store and display bath towels.
They’re always so neat, crisp, clean, and accessible. Really, it’s everything you want and needs when you’re in an unfamiliar place.
At home, however, the more popular route has been to display decorative towels in your guest bathroom and hide the functional towels out of sight.
Unfortunately for guests, this creates a situation where we often don’t know if we’re actually supposed to use the towel on the rack; or if it’s just for decoration. And if I can easily identify it as decorative, I’m then on the hunt for the “real towels”.
Towel detective is not a game that I personally like to play. It’s really frustrating to have to ask “where the heck do I dry my hands”?! And, for that reason, I never use decorative towels in my home.
Decorative Towels vs. Decorative Storage
Luckily, the tide is changing on this old style of bathroom decor.
More and more people are adopting decorative storage over decorative towels. A move that is long overdue, in my opinion. There are so many new and creative ways to store and display bath towels.
Best of all, that upscale resort-style bathroom feel is even easier to achieve by using decorative storage for your towels.
10 Decorative Storage Ideas for Bath Towels
Below are 10 examples of how to decorate with bathroom towels.
1. Ladder Shelf – Consider hanging your towels on a ladder-style shelf. This type of display is easy to maintain and has a slim profile which makes it great for small spaces.
2. Crate Storage – Simply folded bath towels in stacked crates create a beautifully organized display.
3. Wall Caddy – It looks like an old wooden planter has been re-purposed into a towel caddy. This looks like a great DIY project.
4. Floating Shelves – A tall floating shelf installation provides ample space to display and store bath towels.
5. Planter Storage – This decorative planter has been re-purposed into a storage container for bathroom towels. This is another easy to maintain storage option. Simply roll you towels and stack them into the planter.
6. Guest Basket – I absolutely love this little basket filled with towels for guests. What a great way to welcome friends and family.
7. Tiered Tray – This 3 tiered tray display from WhimsyGirlDesign is a great way to place hand towels front and center on your counter.
8. Wall Mounted Baskets – Basket wall storage is a great way to display your washcloths, hand towels, and towels and keep them organized.
9. Basket Storage – Another visually pleasing way to use baskets as towel storage is to place one directly on your countertop. Then, roll your towels and stand them up vertically to maximize space. It will make your towels easily accessible and look neat and orderly.
10. Wire Rack & Hooks – This wall mounted wire towel rack with hooks does double duty. It beautifully stores clean towels as well as providing the ability to hang used towels to dry.
I’m curious to know if you use decorative storage or decorative towels as a part of your bathroom decor. Please let me know in the comments below. For more decorative bath towel storage inspiration check out my Pinterest Board. If you liked this post please share it with a friend and follow me on Medium for more content.
What do you think?